Friday, October 4, 2013

Life Lately

We have been in Charlotte for 4 months already! What a place. The weather has been pretty amazing, though I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures of Fall mostly because I love sweaters and yummy soups. We also have an amazing ward and are making some great friends. Though we can't always make it, weekly play group is so fun! Everyone is invited and we usually have a pretty good group. I love to watch Ian interact with other kids and it is great to have some grow up time too.

Ben is really enjoying his job. The people he works for are hard workers and have a lot of integrity. He also appreciates that they balance work and family life well--his hours have been very reasonable for a residency. For that I am so very grateful! 

Mr. Ian is getting so big! He finally had his one year check up and still measures in the 90th percentile (Ben is so proud). He weighs 21.5 lbs (25th percentile). He's a skinny kid. In fact today I dressed him in some cool orange shorts that should fit, but they kept falling down so he just kept taking them off. 

His comprehension is growing daily. He amazes me every day with what he understands. Some of the favorites right now are hold my hand, put that in the trash, get a book, close the door, blow a kiss, let's go outside, open the curtains, get the scriptures, let's pray, let's brush your teeth. It is so fun to watch him get excited as he understands and do whatever it is. I LOVE this stage. 

He also started walking last weekend! He had been taking a step or two for a while, but all of sudden he took 10 steps! He now walks sometimes, shorter distances, but crawling is still faster and the preferred mode of travel. We get such a thrill at watching him walk. It's embarrassing to let people watch the videos because we are so excited. 

Ian is very excited to meet his new cousin Connor Stewart. We hope we can meet him soon. Congratulations to Ali and Brandon, so glad everything went well! Love you!

We take many walks like this around the apartment complex to check the mail and take out the trash
    
Showing Ian a butterfly

Exploring at the park. I cringed as he got dirty...I'll work on it.

He loves playing in the cupboards
   
Playgroup friends are the best!

He pulled his plate right off the table while I went to grab his tray from the kitchen. It was one of those moments when I just had to laugh to keep from being upset.

The park is getting way more fun these days!


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I died over Ian's crocs! So cute! Loved the update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You updated your blog!! I LOVE it! I've been watching for an update, anxious to see that little boy! It sounds like you guys are really liking Charlotte and Ben likes his job, which is great. I can't believe how big Ian is! He looks so grown up. I'm still working on the getting dirty thing too. Elle loves to eat the swing while riding in it at the park. Her mouth turns black and it totally grosses me out! I love the picture of him in the cupboards too. He looks so proud to have discovered such a great hiding spot. We sure miss you guys!! I wish we lived closer so we could see you!

    ReplyDelete